Monday, 20 May 2019

Birthdays at CCM

Afternoon All
We have a new challenge starting today over at CCM. Josephine is our host for Birthdays.
 I often get asked to make a special birthday card for someone, and this is one such card. It was made for a friend to give to his Mum for her birthday.
She is fond of steam trains, but he also wanted something that would outshine his brothers and sisters! Nothing like a bit of sibling rivalry lol.
An easel card is always a really good way to make plenty of impact, and of course it stands up perfectly.
The image of a steam train is a delightful digi image from LOTV.
I added her name and age (as requested)
 and then some fussy cut flowers stamped and embossed onto background paper.
I also added a few die cut leaves and some sparkly gems.
I'm told that it fitted the bill perfectly, which is always nice to hear.
I hope that you can find time to join in with our challenge. I'm sure that we can all find a nice birthday card amongst our stash.
Have a great evening.
Happy Crafting and hugs

Thursday, 16 May 2019

Woodware Stamps on the Telly

Evening Everyone,
Just a quick heads up that the lovely Julia Watts will be on the telly on Saturday with some of the latest stamps designed by Jane Gill.
As you know I am a very lucky girl, and I get to play with all of Jane's designs
when I make the samples for the Creative Expressions catalogue.
I have been trying very hard to use up all the bits and pieces from these play sessions immediately so that they don't just languish unfinished in the 'Bits Box'
The resulting cards are always handy when the stamp sets are subsequently taken on to the telly by Jane or Julia.
It does mean that I am a little ahead in the game, especially when time is short.
I loaned these cards to Jane at Ally Pally, although it is now Julia who will be using them on Saturday.
I hope that you enjoy the shows ( Create and Craft TV Saturday 18th May at 12pm / 5pm)
I certainly had fun playing with the stamp sets.
Happy Crafting and hugs

Tuesday, 14 May 2019

Embossing Folder Stamping - Part 2

Afternoon Everyone,
I hope that you have had a good day. We have had some more glorious sunshine here this afternoon.
We do have a lovely crafty time in class on a Saturday.
A friend of one of the Girls that attends refers to it as 'dirty finger day' as this is often the state of them when they go home. 
This is another rather picture heavy post with more of the cards that I made after the class on Embossing Folder Stamping, a nice inky class.
As you can see, I am a great fan of the hexagonal embossing folder, 
 I have several of them.

 Whilst most of them use the more solid side of the embossing folder, this one uses the other side.
And this one actually uses a stencil, but one of the same floral stamps. 
And this last one is all about the leftovers lol.
I think he would have been most disappointed at the state of her hands this week as they remained in pristine condition due to the lack of inks to play with. Instead we had a 'Let's finish off some Groovi' afternoon. Very relaxing, and very clean.
I really must get to bed now, it was a very early start, and a trip to the gym so I'm feeling a bit cream crackered!!

Wednesday, 8 May 2019

1,2,3 Challenge at CraftyCardmakers

Evening Everyone,
What happened to the glorious Bank Holiday weather that we had a couple of weekends ago? Thankfully it wasn't quite as cold as they were predicting, in our neck of the woods at least.
I spent a very relaxing Sunday and Monday finishing off cards from Saturdays class on Watercolour Stamping with Embossing Folders.
As it happens I got so carried away that I completely missed posting my card for the latest challenge at CraftyCardmakers.
Glenda is our host for the challenge where
 We would like to see your creations using 3 of one thing, 2 of another and 1 of a third. For example, 3 patterned papers, 2 die-cuts, 1 image. It would be helpful if you could mention in your post what your 3,2,1s are!
I created a background using a circular embossing folder and Distress Stains cut into panels (3)
I added Tim Holtz die cut Wildflowers (2),
and a sentiment (1). 
As usual I got a bit carried away in my determination to use up all of the bits and pieces, so I will share some of them today, and the rest on an other occasion.
I would say tomorrow, but knowing how my blogging skills have been lately that might be a vain hope lol.

Have a great day, if you can avoid the rain.
Happy Crafting and hugs