Followers

Sunday 12 February 2023

Inspired by Larainne

Afternoon All,
I spent a lovely day yesterday in the company of crafty friends. As always we talk up a storm about anything and everything. 
One of the topics under discussion was where our inspiration comes from, and as I often remind them, we get our inspiration from all around us, including each other. I have rarely taught a class where I haven't learnt something from someone there, be it a colour combo, or in the case of todays card a slightly different layout to a card.
We were playing some years ago with a Punched Window card technique, that I learnt from another crafty friend Mynette,
I made several examples for them to recreate, but this card was definitely inspired by something that Larainne made during the day. I just loved the design and asked if she would mind me pinching the idea. Thankfully she said yes.
This is another card I made using a page torn from an old book for the background.
I dry embossed the frame before adding it to the card using 3D foam tape.
This is another card that I made for the class using a shaped die to cut the central panel.
Hope you are having a great Sunday, I'm off to do a bit more crafting I think.
Thanks for stopping by.
Love and Crafty Hugs
Kimx


1 comment:

  1. Oh Wow Kim! Thank your lovely friends from me that Punched Window card is a great idea and the flower dies look very familiar, I think that might show how long we've been crafting Lol! I'm with you too on learning from others. There are things I never would have made if I hadn't joined the craft club and I'm happy to say that the ladies enjoy it when I take the class for them even though there are a few who look a bit unsure to begin with and the chatter is amazing! Wish you lived closer as I know the ladies (and Brian) would love to craft with you. Hope your weekend has been a happy one. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx