Followers

Sunday 1 August 2021

I'm Back with Edger Dies

Hi All,

Sorry I've been AWOL for the last couple of days, but with the Internet acting up, a few lines and no pictures was the best that I could manage on my phone.

We had a fabulous day on Saturday, playing with all sorts of edger dies.

This card was inspired by some of the samples that Jamie Rodgers showed on the TV a while ago, which I rewatched as part of my class prep.
I had promised myself that I wouldn't play with any of my dies when I got home, since I had so much that needed to be done this weekend. As usual I failed miserably in my resolve lol.
I just couldn't resist making this card. I took my Airless Misters for the Girls to play with along with the dies, and they are what I used to create the background for this card. I also used one of the pearlescent colours on the cream frame.
I used this die with an embossing mat, and then coloured the reverse of the image with some distress inks.
I trimmed around the edge of the die by hand since I had chosen to emboss rather than die cut.
I also added a little gold gilding wax, some gems and a stamped and gold embossed sentiment.
It's always nice to find an alternative use for your dies, to stretch the use of your supplies.
I finished my tag in class, using the same die, this time in the way that it was intended. I layered it over a piece of background paper from my stash, trimming around the edge with a pair of scissors, and then added a die cut and stamped sentiment.

I'm pleased to say that I managed to get a couple of other things finished, although possibly not as much as I would have liked. Still tomorrow is another day, as the saying goes lol.

BTW don't forget to set your recorders for Jane's shows on Create and Craft tomorrow at 10.30am and 5.15pm. She will be showcasing her new Festive Fuzzy stamps which I'm sure you will love.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx