Followers

Thursday 19 August 2021

Resist with a Twist

Evening All,

We were playing with normal embossing folders last weekend, of which it appears that I have 100's, and that's not including the 3D ones lol.

I haven't managed to finish anything off with them yet. My OCD means that I have to do things in order, so it's finish off Woodware sample bits and pieces first!!

With that in mind, I rummaged through my stash of cards, to see if I had anything using the same technique that I could share that I haven't shared before. The answer to that was NO, but I did find some cards using up embossing folder scraps.

We did a class, pre-lockdown, called 'Resist with a Twist' and these cards were made then.

A background image is stamped on to glossy cardstock using versamark ink and then a more solid image is stamped over the top using a dye based ink.
All of these cards use circular images from a stamp set designed by Penny Black (or was it Hero Arts)
As you can see, this leafy image is definitely a favourite of mine from this set.
I die cut the circular images and then layered them onto scraps of embossed card from my stash.
Here I added some gilding wax to highlight the embossing.
I also added a few tiny gems to the background on this one.
Just to show that there were other images in the set as well as the leaves.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx