Followers

Sunday 15 August 2021

We've Been Busy Bunnies (edited to add pictures)

Evening All

Hope you have had a great Sunday. We have been very busy bunnies in the Tickle household today. The kids and I dug and weeded the front garden and harvested the tomatoes. Unfortunately they couldn't get any canes, so the tomatoes have gone a bit wild, which has also resulted in a lot of them being completely inedible. It's a shame to have had to put a carrier bag full in the food bin, but I am now sporting a windowsill full of tomatoes waiting to ripen. The kids have loved it so we will definitely do it again next year. I took loads of photos, which unfortunately haven't come through yet, so I will edit this tomorrow.

Got another early start tomorrow, so I had better hit the hay.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs Kimx

This what what we had to work with.
The tomatoes are a little wild, but did very well for all that.
They brought chairs out so that they could supervise lol.
The green carrier bag is full of tomatoes that didn't make it. I don't know if they have some sort of blight or just too what but a huge number of them were no good to leave to ripen.
Emma swept up after us.
And this is what we were left with after our hard work.
They had grown beetroot, which had unfortunately gone to seed. The packet of baby wipes is for size comparison..........they were HUGE.
These are now sitting on  my windowsill while they ripen.
Jack didn't even make to the table for lunch. He was absolutely shattered.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx