Followers

Wednesday 25 August 2021

What do you give a 91 year old?

WARNING PICTURE HEAVY POST

Evening All,

I find that birthday prezzies are always a bit of a challenge, but what on earth do you give a 91 year old?

Several years ago I gave Mum a large box of handmade cards, along with a stash of peel-off sentiments in various colours. 

I have topped it up on several occasions.
So I decided that this year I would give her a new box (aka M&S Shortbread biscuit tin) only this time I would also add in enough postage stamps for each card since it has become so expensive to post them.
I was going to stick the appropriate postage on to each card,
but decided that as she may need to hand deliver some of them,
I would just put L (large) or ST (standard) in the top corner of the envelope so that she would know which stamp she needed if necessary.
I tried to cover most occasions for which she might need a card,
and of course the peel-offs will help her transform one without a sentiment on it already.
Mum writes a good letter,
so I even added in a few notelets.
I finally managed to deliver her gift in person this afternoon,
due to a lift from a good friend.
Of course I also included some thank you cards,
which I'm sure Mum will make good use of.
Typically I couldn't escape work even when I was visiting Mum. I got a phone call from Boss to ask me to get to work at 4am tomorrow morning, so I hope you will understand if I get to bed now.
Hugs Kimx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx