Followers

Wednesday 5 January 2022

Paper Pieced Floral

Morning,

I do love a bit of Paper Piecing, especially when there are nice large pieces to play around with.

I used a sheet of background paper from a Clarity Paper pad for the first two cards.
That of course being the other beauty of Paper Piecing.......you get a Twofer.
I'm not so sure about this card, but as I have often found everyone's taste is so different. The cards that I have spent ages on and am really happy with are often sidestepped for the ones that I am less than happy with, like this one. I guess that it is a good thing that we are all different otherwise there wouldn't be such a wealth of wonderful new things for us to play with. It would be very boring if we were all the same.
This is a lovely layering die set and I have used the leftover paper for the background panel on this card. I then layered some white card stock on to a sticker sheet before die cutting the main image. This allowed all the pieces to be held in place.
I managed to match the colours in the background paper using my Distress inks.
A fine white matt helps to 'lift' the die cut and coloured panel along with a piece of funky foam for added dimension.
The sentiment is from my stash and comes from Simon Says Stamp........I think.
Thanks for stopping by
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx