Followers

Saturday 22 January 2022

A Birthday Commission

Evening,

One of my crafty jobs before Christmas was to make a birthday card for my Boss's daughter. 

I make her a card every year, and so this time I decided to use a piece of background made using my Gelli Plate and acrylic paint.
I added some extra distress inks to the trimmed panel and created a fine white matt and layer.
The decoupaged floral image is from a Crafters Companion paper stack and die set. I saw them on Create and Craft right at the beginning of the initial Covid lockdown and just had to have them.
There are several different designs which create stunning decoupaged panels. I added some black die cut pieces using dies from AAll and Create.
The decoupage dies add embossed detail and texture to each of the floral layers.
Boss always likes his daughters name added to her card, after all it makes it all the more special, and is impossible for him to find in your average card shop.

That is the beauty of making cards for people, you can personalize them. I also like to add a few gems and some glossy accents.

Thanks for stopping by today.

I hope that you have had a great crafty Saturday.

Hugs Kimx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx