Followers

Thursday 27 January 2022

We Must Never Forget

Evening,

I think we all have the occasional bad day, or week for that matter, but when you read the harrowing stories and conditions faced by the survivors of the Holocaust, it puts a whole different perspective on things.

There are several programs available this week, especially since today is International Holocaust Remembrance Day. I must admit to being glad that I can watch them on my own. The articles in the daily papers have nearly had me in tears, so I am sure that the programs will.

No matter what my week has been like, it isn't a patch on what they had to endure, so I should think myself very lucky and snap out of it.......................so much easier said than done of course. Classes and a takeaway in the evening with crafty friends on Saturday is sure to help. In fact here is a card made during one such crafty get together.

The oval panel in the background was created using Distress Oxide inks, black card stock and a hexagonal embossing folder.
The oxide inks work perfectly on the dark card stock. Ordinary distress inks would not show up.
The flowers and leaves are from a stamp and co-ordinating die set from Altenew. 
I stamped and gold embossed them on black card before die cutting them and adding them to the main  card using silicon glue for added dimension.
Thank you for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Kim. I am totally in agreement with you, what happened in the Holocaust should never be forgotten. I watched the program on BBC2 last night, it was so hard listening to some of the survivors, it had me in tears also. Marlene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx