Followers

Sunday 9 January 2022

Cross Stitched Christmas

Evening,

It's the end of my stay with the 'Littlies', and I've spent the day catching up on a few sewing repair jobs that Mum had put aside for me. 

I have my own drawer there so that I don't have to take my wash things or PJ's with me every time and I joked with the kids that Mummy was expecting me to wear Jack's trousers when I found a pair of his in amongst my things. They needed a few stitches to repair a seam, and Mummy is the first to admit that ordinary stitching is not her strong suit, so she sets things aside for me. It has to be said that this has been on my 'To Do' list for rather a while, so I hope that they still fit him now that they are repaired lol. She may not be much with a needle and thread, but like me she loves cross stitch. 

When my kids were small I made them all a pillowcase for Santa to leave his gifts in. 
They each had there names on, and I added a couple of other panels over the years.........this one in 1996!!
A few years ago I decided that I would make sure that all of the Grandchildren had a pillowcase to leave for Father Christmas.
Unfortunately I couldn't find the same cross stitch font, so I decided to update everyone.
I was obviously very organized that year, because everyone also had a handmade cracker for the table.
Mum still has the crackers in her Christmas box and although I managed to get a pillowcase made for Jack I still need to make him his own cracker............maybe next year.
Mummy also made these everyone for Christmas Day.
Their own sleigh full of goodies. She a clever Girl.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope that you have had a lovely weekend.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx