Followers

Monday 9 January 2023

Sending Love and Sympathy

Evening,

Sadly I have the need to put a couple of Sympathy cards in the post, so here are some made using stacked die cuts for a letterpress technique.

I used a floral layering die and cut each piece several times from scraps of cardstock and once from vellum. 
I stacked each of the pieces with the vellum as the final layer and then constructed the floral design. I added ink to the image as if it were a stamp. Set up your embossing machine as if you were going to use a die with the rubber embossing mat and then place the inked die cut downwards onto a piece of white cardstock and run it through the machine.

This gives you a fabulous letterpressed image. The vellum layer stops the ink from soaking into the die cut so that you get a better impression on the card.
Same card just a variation in colour. I added a die cut and stamped sentiment to each.
I also embossed a rectangle around the image using a plain or stitched die and a few pearls.
These are always the hardest of cards to make, but from experience, I know just how much they mean to the recipient.
Thank you for stopping by.
With Love and Crafty Hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx