Followers

Saturday 28 January 2023

I Did My Homework Sylvie

Evening,
There is nothing like spending the day with good friends and playing with crafty goodies.
We get together once a fortnight and I 'teach' them, although we usually all learn from each other.
Sometimes there is a miscommunication, or misunderstanding of the technique and bits of card get thrown in my direction with a 'See what you can do with that!!' 
One such occasion was when we were last playing with bleach. 
One of the Girls tried to heat emboss the image that she had stamped with bleach, but of course the powder didn't stick very well before it was heated so it resulted in a very patchy background which she didn't like. 
I, on the other hand, rather liked it so I turned it into the background to a couple of these cards. I gold embossed some extra leaves which is what was supposed to happen, and then painted them with thin undiluted bleach. I added the fussy cut leaves to panels of the patchy background. Perfect for a couple of Men's cards I think. I hope that you agree Sylvie.
Not all cardstock will bleach, but when it does you can get some fabulous colours.
I love to use it to stamp a background, as well as painting with it. Create a stamp pad with some folded kitchen roll and add the thin undiluted bleach to it. 
Now I'm home and packed away I need to get on with my own homework. There are always bits and pieces to finish off after class, and I'm trying hard not to let them build up.
Thanks for stopping by.
With Love and Crafty Hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx