Followers

Saturday 14 January 2023

Masking and Memories

Evening,

Just finished packing away after todays Crafty get together. We were playing with the Retiform technique, which is a rather more complicated form of masking. It is really much easier than it actually looks, but takes rather a long time to complete one panel. It is also a very good way of using up several stamps on the one card.

This is a card that I blogged a couple of years ago, as I have plenty of panels but no finished cards from todays session.
As Retiform is a form of Masking, here is a far more simple masked card using one of Jane Gill's fabulous floral stamp sets.
I stamped the flowers and leaves using fussy cut images on pieces of masking sheet as the images are all separate on the stamp set.
I then created a frame out of the masking sheet
and lay it over the stamped images before adding dye based ink to the card.

When the mask is removed it leaves a white frame around a coloured square to which I added some faux stitching. I added the panel onto a base card with the same colours of ink around the edges, along with more faux stitching.
It is lovely getting together with all the Girls to craft.......and natter......and drink tea and coffee.
I took my folders with me so that we could work on a list of classes for this year, which of course led on to how long we had known one another. I have a notebook here which details things like that, so I was able to text back and tell Davina that I had first met her at a Woodware Retailers Day in June 2002!!!! 
Where on earth did that 20 years go to? I have promised to send her a picture of the first class that I taught for her as I am that very sad person that has photocopies of all the classes that I have ever taught, and magazine articles that I have done. Perhaps I really ought to get a life, although to be fair it is a great reference tool when my mojo deserts me. It is also quite fun to look back at how my style has changed over the years.
Thanks for stopping by.
Love and Crafty Hugs
Kimx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx