Followers

Tuesday 17 January 2023

'Branching Out' with a new Stencil

Evening,

There are some fabulous new DL Stencils launched today by Creative Expressions. and I was lucky enough to get to play with one of them.

Stencils are very versatile items to have in your stash.
They can be used with inks as in the central panel.
I also used a rubber mat with the stencil to run it through an embossing machine.
This gives added dimension, although it is almost impossible to see in the photographs no matter how hard I tried.
The panel at the back left hand side of the card has also been run through the embossing machine with the rubber mat. I spritzed the stencil with water before cleaning the ink from it and then placed it carefully on to a piece of coconut white cardstock and running it through the embossing machine.

This adds the ink from the stencil as well as adding texture.

I also used the stencil to emboss a piece of blue cardstock which was also spritzed with mica spray.
I made some faux card candi and added them to the card along with a stacked sentiment. So several slightly different panels made with one stencil.
I hope that the weather isn't too cold where you are. The frost has never disappeared from the garden today, but at least so far there is none of the snow that they have been forecasting, long may that continue.
Thanks for stopping by.
Love and Crafty Hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx