Followers

Wednesday 18 January 2023

Painting With Embossing Folders

Evening,

Embossing Folders have so many more uses than just basic dry embossing. 

One way is to use them to make fabulous watercolour backgrounds.
I inked the folder with Distress Oxide Inks, spritzed it with water and then placed the cardstock carefully inside.
Instead of running it through an embossing machine which adds texture I pressed it firmly with my hands which transfers the ink to the cardstock but still leaves it flat.
You can usually get more than one impression from a single inking of the folder, just by adding more water.
These make great inked backgrounds for cards, and look so different in alternative colours.
I used them here to create a couple of Spotlight cards.
Thanks for stopping by.
Love and Crafty Hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx