Followers

Thursday 7 January 2021

A Blast from the Past - Retiform

Evening Everyone,

My good friend Gill Till has been doing a fabulous job just lately of reminding us of those much underused items that are languishing in our crafty stash, along with long forgotten techniques on her Way To Go Wednesday over on Facebook.

This week she has reminded me of an old technique that I taught her many years ago called Retiform.
It is a deceptively simple technique also known as the Grid technique owing to the lines/grids that are formed across the card.
It is actually a masking technique which is much easier to achieve than you might think at first glance.
It is also a great way to use lots of stamps on the one card.
I'm afraid that this card was rather hard to photograph as the masked panel has been heat embossed after all the sponging and stamping has been done.
I used large post it notes to mask off the various grids on the card which I then sponged with ink.
I'm having trouble describing exactly what to do, so I'm going to direct you to Google where there are loads of fabulous tutorials and Youtube clips.
I also used the Southwest corner punch and some threads on the Retiform panels.
I am one of those sad people that has kept a pictorial record of all the classes that I have taught over the years, 
and it goes right back to 2003!!! So you can see a few more of the cards that I have made using this masking technique.

When I first taught the Retiform technique I used it as a Part 3 in a series of masking classes.

Part 1 (Simple) was basic grid masking as on the top three, and bottom left hand cards. 

Part 2 (Medium) was Retiform masking over a complete stamped image, bottom middle card.

Part 3 (Hard) was Retiform masking to include a central panel and lots of stamps. Bottom right card.

I'm off to link this to Gill's Way to go Wednesday Facebook post, and remind her that I taught her this in April 2006!!!!!! Where did those years go to lol.

Thanks for stopping by. Stay safe and craft.

Hugs Kimx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx