Followers

Wednesday 7 July 2021

Enjoy you Day my Lovely

Evening All,

Another wet and distinctly unsummery day. I must admit that the temperature is much more to my liking, although I could do with a little less water lol.

A few more cards tonight from Saturdays class on Distress Oxide inks.
Not only do they make fabulous backgrounds on watercolour and mixed media cardstock, but they also work on glossy for a whole different look.
I added the inks to the glossy cardstock in layers, drying each layer as I went.
They are lovely as they are, but take on a whole different look if you gently wipe away the chalky oxidization with a baby wipe or cloth. 
The colours are just so vibrant, I guess it is the dye ink property of the pad that gives that look.
I have used a variety of die cut foliage over these backgrounds since they were made using photo paper which is not very receptive to heat embossing.
The colours are just amazing.
The background to this card was made using the same technique only this time I used a different card stock 
which has given a much more muted look to the finished panel.
Still lovely though I think you will agree.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx