Followers

Friday 2 July 2021

Distress Oxides and Glossy Paper.

Evening All,

I feel like I am wishing the year away, but I am so glad that it is Friday again. It feels like it has been a very long week!!

Tomorrow is play day, and I have finished my homework. In fact there are two tags for this class.
While catching up with a Tim Holtz video, I was reminded of using Oxide inks on Glossy cardstock.
That is what I have used for the background to this card. After applying your layers of ink to photo paper, you are left with a very chalky finish. The oxidization will wipe off on your fingers, so I placed a stencil over the panel and used Distress Micro glaze to remove some of it and leave a stenciled impression.

Note to self........Don't try heat embossing Photo Paper. As you can see it cracks, but it was too nice to throw out so I used die cut foliage to finish it off instead.

Similar idea for this card only I used non glossy cardstock, some stamping and more die cuts.
This is a very basic background piece but using the same layout. 

Time for bed. I am sooooo looking forward to meeting up with the Girls tomorrow. Plenty of crafty playtime, chat, and copious amounts of tea, coffee and biscuits. A perfect way to spend a Saturday.

Thanks for stopping by. 

Hugs Kimx
 

1 comment:

  1. Loving the technique, there's always a way to save something special. Happy crafty weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx