Followers

Monday 21 June 2021

Red and Green with Stencils

Evening All,

Another miserable Monday weather wise that is, but much more to my liking I must admit. It was even quite reasonable at the gym this afternoon which has definitely been unbearable just lately.

Here are a few more cards from Saturdays class on stencils.
The panel on this one started off as a piece of mop up and brush cleanup paper and then I added the Lavinia stencil and some more distress ink in red and green.
I stamped and embossed this fabulous floral image over it and then matt and layered it using rectangular stitched dies.
I used the same red and green to colour the image, along with a bit of white pigment ink for the main flower.
I used the same stencil on a piece of card to clean off my blending brushes, which led to a rather subtle background to this card.
The floral image on this card is a new purchase from Clarity.
I added some extra ink to the main card and green panel along with a die cut sentiment and some faux Card Candi.
As the stamp from Clarity was a new one I tried it out first on a piece of scrap card to make sure that it stamped properly and I didn't waste my nice background.
Of course it stamped out perfectly, so rather than waste it I blended ink over it and added it to a coloured and embossed panel.
The main panel on the card is a Lisa Horton embossing folder blended with colour and spritzed.
I added a die cut sentiment to this card as well as some white and gold Gelli Roll glaze pens.
I can't believe that we are actually at the longest day in the year. How did that happen? It certainly isn't what you would expect of the middle of June.
Hope you have a great evening.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx


1 comment:

  1. nice cards Kim. It's been cooler here today which suits me just fine. Lucky you going to the Gym, the one we used to go to has shut and is not reopening sadly. Have a great week. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx