Followers

Friday 4 June 2021

Leaf Burst Stencil Cards

Evening All,

Wow what a change in the weather. One day it's swelteringly hot, and the next we have pouring rain all day!!

At least so far the weather seems to have put off the perishing magpie, so that is one good thing.

I didn't manage to take any photos today. To be honest I completely forgot. I went out for a coffee with my gym buddy this afternoon and then I was finishing off bits for class tomorrow so everything got packed away so that I don't forget to take it.
So instead here are some more samples using stencils which we will be playing with in class in a couple of weeks time.
I made several cards using this lovely Altenew stencil.
As you can see you don't always have to use the whole stencil, which makes them even more versatile.
This one uses a Tim Holtz stencil and distress inks.
I drew around the image with a black micron pen, while the stencil was still in place to give it a little more definition.
When you have sponged ink through a stencil there is always plenty left on it after you have finished, so here I spritzed it with water and then placed a piece of card on top to transfer the ink. Waste not want not as my Gran would say.
I also did a little stamping over the top, and also once again drew around the image with a fine line pen.
Better set my alarm for tomorrow, I need to get back into the habit of getting up early in preparation for Monday, although I won't be setting it for 3.30am quite yet lol.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx