Followers

Monday 7 June 2021

Black Magic Embossing Folder


Evening All,

Well I made it through my first day back at work........... just. I must confess that I have worn my splint for most of it, and my hand does ache a bit, but it's hardly surprising after 3 weeks off work.

It has been lovely to see how many people have missed me, particularly one of the girls who can now go back to her usual evening shifts instead of covering my stupidly early ones. 

The amazing Maker Mania 3 finished last night, so here are a couple more cards that I made for Janice and Andy using the Black Magic technique, this time using the 3D embossing folder from the kit.
I coated the inside of the folder with white ink and then placed a piece of black cardstock inside before running it through an embossing machine.
After that I coloured over the white images with my watercolour pencils. Any type of pencil seems to work although the colours are stronger with some types. Just give it a go with whatever you have.
With this second card I embossed another piece of black cardstock using the white ink pad only this time using the other side of the folder. 
I coloured and fussy cut the floral images and then layered them over a further piece of black cardstock which had been embossed inside the folder and then gently coloured with the gilding wax that was also part of the pack.
I am really pleased with how these turned out, particularly the first one which I think was probably one of my favourite samples from those that I did.
I definitely need an early night tonight, I didn't sleep very well last night and it's going to be a very long week lol.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx