Followers

Thursday 18 March 2021

Happy Birthday Jack.....for last week.

Evening All,

I can't believe that it has already been a week since my youngest Grandson turned 2. Where has the time gone? I was lucky enough to be at his birth, which only seems such a short time ago. 

I thought that I had better not leave it as long to share his birthday card this year, as I did his last one lol.

Once again I reached for my LOTV Simply Print images, they are just perfect for a quick card for a little one.
I found some co-ordinating background papers and die cut the image using various circular dies.
I still love the effect of leaving the die in place and sponging colour around the edge of the image to create a nice narrow white border and some shading. Some of the simplest techniques can give some of the best impact.
I like to personalize a card since it makes it so much more special. 
Of course that is the beauty of having a stash of cards ready made, I can just add a name and age to it for instant personalization.
I printed out several different images before deciding on which one to use for Jack,
so of course I had to finish them all off as well.
I am trying very hard to use up bits and pieces from my stash. 
It never seems to make any sort of dent in it all, but one step at a time.......or at least one piece of paper anyway.
It's my weekend to babysit, so we will have to celebrate his birthday, and Mother's Day, all over again.
We won't make Mummy make his cake again. Isn't she clever?
Jack hasn't quite mastered the art of blowing out candles,
but he shows the same grim determination when it comes to cutting his cake lol.
Off to pack my bag ready for tomorrow, so thanks for popping by to see me.
Have a great evening.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx