Followers

Thursday 25 March 2021

Let us Remember

Evening Everyone,

I can't believe that we have just celebrated one whole year in lockdown, how did that happen.

I was still off with my bad foot when it started, so having already been at home since the New Year in my own private 3 month lockdown I was strangely looking forward to going back to work, although I was also rather terrified in equal measure.

I am now very grateful for being able to go to work throughout. It has got me out of the house and given me contact with people, even if on occasions it has got me very riled with their idiotic behaviour.

I feel so sorry for people like my Mum and several of my crafty friends who have barely set foot outside the door these past 12 months. In fact the highlight of my Mum's past few weeks has been her trips to the nurse to get her leg dressed having injured it again. Perhaps she did it on purpose so that she could escape.......I hadn't thought of that lol.

The Crafty Girls are all on countdown, eagerly awaiting a socially distanced get together next week, provided the new rules don't change again. Davina has got the garden chairs and tables ready and has even got the large gazebo down from the loft so that we can still meet up even if it rains. That is how desperate we are to get together. A little bit of normality to look forward to.

One of the ladies makes awesome cakes which she brings along to classes and she has already promised that there will be cake for our get together..............I can't wait. Hang the diet, for that day at least.

We have had to split the gathering up over two days otherwise there would be too many of us, but it is a start.

I usually share my DT samples with them in class, so I will have quite a few folders to take with me.
These are a couple of cards that I made last year using the stunning poppy stamp UMSDB031 Remember from the Designer Boutique range.
I do love a 2FER, 2 cards for the price of one.
I stamped and embossed the image on to a piece of mop up background and then again on red cardstock.
I cut the panel in half and added each to the image stamped on the red card stock matching it exactly. I then trimmed the panels and added faux stitching and fine mounts.
The sentiment on this card has been added on a panel of vellum which allows the design to show through.
Perhaps I had better decide on which folders to take next week, after all there are rather a lot to choose from. In the mean time I have another couple of boxes to fill with stamps courtesy of my daughter. Perhaps I can empty another shelf, that would be some progress.
Thanks for stopping by.
Stay safe and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx