Followers

Tuesday 16 March 2021

Big Bold Words

 Evening All,

Today saw the launch of some new Sue Wilson dies, her Big Bold Words collection.

They really are fabulously large dies which make quite a statement on a card. I got to play with HAPPY.
I cut the die from a piece of card and used it as a stencil.
I sponged Picked Raspberry, Mowed Lawn and Salty Ocean Distress inks over the stencil before die cutting the whole thing with the outer die.
I added a little more ink to some pale pink cardstock along with some die cut wirlygig flowers and a hand drawn border.
I created the die cut panel on this card in the same way,
only I decided not to waste the coloured handmade stencil, so I attached it to the panel with glue.
I stamped and embossed Anniversary (one of several sentiment stamps that come with the die set) in to the spaces on the die cut letters.
I also added some tiny dots and then layered the panel onto a piece of dry embossed cardstock highlighted with various Creative Expressions polishes.
I can see this being a very useful addition to my dies, in fact I have an idea forming for another card as I am writing this.
You can see the dies in action next week when Gwen will be showcasing them on Create and Craft on 23rd March.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx