Followers

Friday 12 March 2021

Use Your Backgrounds.

Evening All,

Friday again, thank goodness. It has been so lovely to see kids walking to school again, but there are definitely going to be some very tired people at the end of the day......parents, teachers and students lol. I know just how tired I felt my first week back at work after only 3 months off with a bad foot last year.

I have spent the afternoon fulfilling a promise to an old crafty friend.

My friend Gill has suggested that we use up some of our stash of background papers, and believe me I certainly have plenty of those.
She made a beautiful card using a piece of background that she had made using vivid inks from years ago......and probably from one of my classes too.
Vivid inks, as their name suggests, were beautiful vivid colours of both inkpad and reinker. I loved using the reinkers for making backgrounds that involved drops of ink a spritz of water and then a smoosh together of two pieces of cardstock.
I also used some cling film on this piece. My stamped image is a new stamp from Francoise which has just been released. I used bleach on parts of the image and then coated everything in clear embossing poder having first painted it with a versamark pen.
While I was at it I made a second card using the same fabulous stamped image
and ink mopped up from my spray booth.
Once again I painted the jug with embossing ink and coated it with clear embossing powder.
I've got some more DT stuff to work on tomorrow so better get my thinking cap on.
Thanks for stopping by. Why not play with some of your stash of background pieces, I'm sure that you all have some amongst your stash.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Now that makes me feel better that I'm not the only one that thinks it's time to use stuff up and you've done a brilliant job as usual. Have a lovely day, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx