Followers

Friday 19 March 2021

A Little bit like a Tardis

Evening All,

It is quite scary to think just how much craft stuff I have accumulated over the last 25 years. A friend recently asked to borrow an old PSX wood mounted stamp, and whilst looking to see if I actually owned it, I realized just how many wood mounted stamps I owned and more importantly just how many I would never use even if I live to be 120!!!!!!

So I have decided to have a sort through them and get rid of a load.

Don't get me wrong I have sorted through them on more than one occasion over the years, but now I look at lots of them and wonder why I have hung on to them for so long.

Part of the problem with them is the storage. I do have a rather large storage space behind my door, the only trouble is it is very deep....3 stacks of stamp storage folders deep in fact, and there in lies the problem........they are not easily accessible, so lazily they don't get used because it is just too much faff to get them out.

The layout of my room, which is also my bedroom, hasn't changed much since Paula Pascual took photos of it when she was at mine for a Stampin Up party way back in 2008. She shared them HERE on the Crafty Storage blog.

I wish I still looked like this lol.
It was quite a crafty do with not only Paula, but also Julie Hickey present.
Over the years things have moved around a bit on the shelves to accommodate more STUFF, but the wood mounted stamps have stayed put, the collection has just expanded. I even got my Sin-in-law to raise my bed so that I could make full use of the space underneath it.
You can just about see the edge of the shelves on the far right of this picture.
And this is how the stamps are stored, except they are three stacks deep on each shelf!!! And that is only the wood mounted ones. Don't even get me started on the clear ones lol.
Yesterday I was groveling around under the bed in step one of my reorganization and sort out. 
I need something to store at the back of these shelves, particularly the top ones. Something that I don't need to access very often, so spare card stock seems like the perfect solution. I even have a replacement Cut n Boss waiting in the wings for the day that my one finally gives up the ghost, And I have more card stock than I thought humanly possible.
I think the expression is STABLE - STash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy. I'm going to have to live for a very long time to even make a dent in it all.
I did have to wait for my eldest, very tall, Grandson to get back from college before I could start to tackle the top shelf as I am just not tall enough to reach the back stacks.......even with a stool!! I can push the stuff in to place, but I just can't reach to get them back out again, which is of course another very good reason for a bit of much needed reorganization.
People have always remarked that our house must be like a Tardis. It looks small on the outside, but is remarkably spacious inside. Well my room must definitely be like that when you think of everything that I have managed to cram in to it.
My plans are on the back burner for a few days as I am at my youngest daughters for babysitting duties but then I will also need to get a few more boxes to put stuff in so that it can go on to Ebay.
It's been quite fun looking at stamps that I had forgotten I had. So many ideas as well. Now all I need are a few extra weeks to play. Oh well a girl can dream I suppose.
Thanks for stopping by.
Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs Kimx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx