Followers

Saturday 20 March 2021

Happy For You

Evening All,

My daughter recently asked me to make a card for a neighbour who had found out that she is expecting again. So while I was playing with the fabulous new Sue Wilson Big Word dies an idea popped in to my head, and this is what I came up with. 

I have had this Tilda image coloured and cut out in my box for years, and so this seemed like the perfect opportunity to use her up.
I die cut HAPPY from pink and blue background papers, and then several times from white cardstock so that I could stack the frame.
This die is the perfect size for paper piecing since there are very few tiny fiddly little pieces.
I use the lid from one of my A4 storage boxes to catch all the bits, which makes it soooo much easier to find all those tiny pieces.
Thank you for that tip Paul Church. My carpet certainly thanks you!!
I had a couple of other Tilda images already coloured and ready to go, so I couldn't resist the urge to finish up another couple of cards. Of course it also means that nothing very much went to waste from the die cuts.
I even used this lovely design to mirror the Y. I'm getting clever in my old age.
Everyone has been tired and grumpy this evening. They were all up far too early, so I'm hoping to wear them out a little bit tomorrow with a bike ride to meet Mummy from work. 
We always have jobs to do on a Sunday like stripping the beds and getting the washing done which they love to help with. Their reward is usually a trip to the park.....weather permitting, and sometime a mini hot chocolate from Costa. That's my treat while they expend some energy in the playground.
Better get to sleep before my little bestie comes and wakes me up. Kids have no sense of time, especially not Jack whose day usually seems to start at about 5am. I know that I start work then, but this is the weekend and my only chance of a lie in.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx