Followers

Wednesday 17 February 2021

Thank You to the Boys in Blue - You are Amazing

Evening Everyone.........rant alert!!

This morning we were in the middle of a fuel delivery at work when a customer parked their car in a spot clearly designated as No Parking. I could see the delivery driver politely ask the guys to move their vehicle, but he was ignored. 

As luck would have it two police officers followed them into the shop, so I explained the situation and asked the officers if they would mind asking the gentlemen (and I use the term very loosely) to move their car. I wish I hadn't asked as the officers were then subject to a great deal of arguing and abuse before the customers threw their shopping aside, stropped off and vowed never to shop with us again. I don't think we will miss them lol.

What happened to respect for the law? Is it any wonder that we as employees are told not to challenge customers who don't abide by the rules surrounding masks when a uniformed officer, an upholder of the law, can be subject to such abuse over what was actually a safety issue at any time, but especially during a fuel delivery.

I wouldn't have their jobs for anything. The altercation left me shaking, and it wasn't me being yelled at. I'm really rather sorry that I asked for their assistance now, as I'm sure they were too. Not a good start to anyone's shift.

So now that I've had my rant, here is a card for the all the police out there.....You are AMAZING.

I made this card a while ago using one of Jane Gill's beautiful floral dies from Woodware.
I stamped and embossed the image several times onto a piece of dark blue card stock and then painted it with a pearlescent paint such as Creative Expressions Irridescent Watercolour or a Pearlex palette.
I trimmed the panel and layered it onto some co-ordinating blue embossed card stock
I added the sentiment strip to which I added a little fussy cutting.
My turn to cook dinner tonight so I had better get a wiggle on. Thanks for stopping by.
Stay safe and Craft.
Big hugs 
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx