Followers

Thursday 11 February 2021

A Floral Wonder from Jane

Evening Everyone,

I wish I could say that going to bed a little earlier yesterday has made me feel less tired, but I think that my two extremely early starts are catching up on me!

Today saw the launch of Jane's beautiful new stamp designs, and I was a very lucky girl who once again got to play with them. To be honest it seems rather a long time ago, since it was way back in December. Thankfully I got all the samples finished before my brush with Covid.

There are some beautiful floral designs, which I love, and which Jane does so well.

So here is the card that I gave you a sneak peek of last night. I love making Spotlight cards.
The beauty of them is that you get a '2fer' - two cards for the price of one stamped and coloured image.
I used one of the fabulous watercolour palettes from Creative Expressions to colour my image.
I used the 'Wet Watercolour' technique to create my panel. I covered a piece of watercolour cardstock with plenty of water and then 'dropped' the paint into it.
By stamping and embossing first it allows the image to resist the ink and 'pop' through.
Once dry I die cut three circles from the coloured panel and placed them exactly over another stamped and embossed image.
This is a great technique for hiding a mistake on a card, like a badly stamped image. The 'wsste' panel, once the die cutting has been done, can be trimmed and added over another stamped and embossed image giving a 'pop' of plain stamping over a coloured background. The complete opposite to the first card.
Thanks for stopping by. I'm off to bed before I fall asleep at the computer.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx