Followers

Wednesday 3 February 2021

V is for Vellum

Evening All,

And what a cold and miserable one it is too, so I am tucked up in my room making Christmas cards lol.

So while I am doing that, here is a card made a while ago using a piece of inky background and some stamping.
I used Distress Oxides to create the background.............I think. It is so long ago that I couldn't swear to it. That is one of the problems of having so many pictures of my cards to work my way through.
A great way of adding a sentiment to a card is with a wrap around of vellum as I have used here.
I stamped and embossed the sentiment on to a torn strip of vellum. A stamping platform is good for this as you can press gently, but re-stamp if necessary.
Vellum is lovely because it doesn't hide the images behind it, but it is also very hard to attach without the glue showing through, so a good way is to wrap it around the card and attach to the back of the panel, or use brads. I have used both here.
The challenge at The Alphabet Challenge Blog is V is for Vellum, so I would like to enter this.
Off to play with snowmen and snowflakes, and maybe a little more vellum, all bits and pieces from my Christmas Bits Box. I'm on another mission people lol.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx


2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous way to use vellum,brilliant background and card,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Kim, I've not got the vellum out for ages and love it. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx