Followers

Wednesday 24 February 2021

With One Colour......Well Nearly

Evening All,

One of the things that I did manage to do yesterday is put inserts in about 60 cards, mostly Christmas ones. I'm afraid that I'm lazy when it comes to completely finishing off a card. I pop it in a poly bag and add it to the other cards in a box waiting to be blogged, and it's not until that has happened that they get put in a drawer ready to be used. I know it sounds a bit long winded but it's how my OCD works I'm afraid. 

Of course before they can make that final journey into the drawer they need to be completely finished  with an envelope, sometimes hand made, and an insert. These are the bits that take the time, and are the bits that I like the least so they tend to get left until I can't fit anything else in the 'to be finished' box.

It did take a while, but was actually quite satisfying when I got down to it, and of course now I can start the whole process off all over again lol.

My friend Gill has suggested colouring with one colour on her Way To Go Wednesday page on Facebook.
So I spent a fun afternoon making these.
The holly branch was stamped with the new Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide colour, and then I used a waterbrush to 'pull' the colour into the image. I guess I cheated because I did add a little red to the berries along with a few red gems and a gold glitter die cut sentiment.
There was way too much ink left on the mat to waste, so I made this second card out of the piece of mop up background.
This time I stamped and embossed the holly image before colouring it with more of the ink.
Of course I did have a look through my numerous 'bits boxes' just to see if there was anything that I could use instead of starting something new.
I found this lovely corner image that I had coloured a while ago, but decided that there were too many different colours in it for the challenge but I finished it off anyway.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx