Followers

Thursday 18 February 2021

I'm Thinking of You.

 Evening Everyone

What a gloriously sunny afternoon it turned out to be. Despite torrential rain this morning I even finally managed a walk this afternoon, and best of all it wasn't too muddy.

Unfortunately I have another sympathy card to send. I have sent far too many of these just lately. And this is yet another card for the same family, which is so sad.

This first card is made using an alcohol inked background and some acetate, which makes decent pictures almost impossible.
I really must play with my alcohol inks again, they make the most amazing backgrounds which is one of my favourite things to do. The only trouble is that you can get quite carried away and end up with a stack of bits and pieces just waiting to be used. Perhaps I should use up some of my stash before I start making more, but that's not nearly so much fun.
One problem with alcohol ink backgrounds is that they are quite busy and so stamped images can get 'lost'. I have also dry embossed this particular panel with a dotty folder which makes stamping on it impossible so I have added my stamped image on a piece of acetate fixed in place with tiny brads.
This next card was made using good old Cats Eye pigment ink pads to ink up the stamp with multiple colours.
Pigment inks stay wet for a lot longer which means that I was able to clear emboss the stamped image. I die cut the image and added some pale ink to the background with the die still in place which creates a thin white frame.
This final card uses a piece of mop up background and a white embossed image. 
I used the same die cutting and blending technique here to darken the mop up background.
I added some black gems to the flower centers and a chopped up sentiment edged in black.
I would love to think that these will be the last of these type of cards that I will send this year, but I fear that that would be wishful thinking.
Thank you for stopping by, and have a great evening.
Stay safe and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx