Followers

Friday 12 February 2021

Crafty Homework

Evening All,

Yesterday was my boss's daughters birthday, and as usual I made a card for him to give her. He doesn't even have to ask me anymore, it's a given that I will make it for him.

The Crafty Girls have been getting withdrawal symptoms from having no classes to go to, so a couple of weeks ago I made them a challenge package which I posted out to them all. Well to be fair one of them acted as postie for a few of the envelopes as they all live local to one another. It certainly cut down on the postage costs.
I spent ages die cutting some fabulous floral images from a Crafters Companion paper pad with matching dies. I actually bought them at the beginning of lockdown last year as I thought that they would make a nice project to ease as back into classes. Who knew that we would still be waiting to do that nearly a year later. 
I bought the entire collection of pads and dies which now has 6 different designs, so I gave them each an assorted selection along with a sheet of gingham card and some cream squares embossed with Lisa Horton's stunning new 3D embossing folders.
They are allowed to add anything else that they like to their creations and can make as few or as many projects as they like. The only requirement is that they have fun.
I decided that I would use one of the images to create my card for Rithika.
They decoupage beautifully, which of course is what they are designed to do, but at least I didn't have to worry about the postage costs as it was hand delivered.
We will be sharing our creations over a zoom session next week so I need to get a wiggle on if I am going to have anything that I can actually show them other than a photocopy.
I guess at least they can see the photos here so I suppose all is not completely lost lol.
Better get on if I am going to get anything finished this weekend.
I do hope it warms up tomorrow. It's difficult moving around a craft room when you have a thick blanket wrapped around your legs lol.
Stay safe...and warm, and have a wonderfully crafty weekend.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx