Followers

Thursday 4 February 2021

Happy Birthday Dad

Afternoon All,
Today would have been my lovely Dads birthday. He would have been 97.
I was recently sorting through a box of photos and found several of Mum and Dad at their 50th Wedding Anniversary party, nearly 21 years ago.
Now I know Mum looks like she has just done 6 rounds with Mike Tyson, she will probably hate me for sharing, but she fell off a ladder cleaning the windows ready for the party.
My Dad always blamed himself for that since he was a very heavy smoker, and she was cleaning the nicotine off the inside of the windows in their bedroom.
I never thought that I would see the day when my Dad would give up smoking, after all he had started at 10!!!!!, but he quit that week.
He sounded dreadful for quite a while, and became addicted to sweets instead, but he never smoked again. It's just a shame that he didn't quit soon so that we could have had him with us for longer.
BTW the little lady in the picture is my eldest Granddaughter Megan. She was born at 5.30 that morning. My Dad had been joking for days that she would put in her appearance on their special day and steal their thunder since she was rather overdue. In reality he couldn't have been more thrilled especially when we all put in a celebrity appearance on our way home from the hospital that same afternoon.
Partying at such a tender age doesn't seem to have done her any harm, and it has certainly cemented a special relationship with GranPat, as my Mum is affectionately known.
Thinking of you today Dad 💗😘xx
With love and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx