Followers

Thursday 14 January 2021

Using Die cuts

 Afternoon All,

I thought that I would try out another challenge.

Over at Try Stampin (or not ) on Tuesday they have a new challenge where you can you either follow their sketch, or use die cuts, or both to create your card.

I decided to use die cuts on my card.
I die cut some Sue Wilson flowers and swirls and added them to a to a stamped and embossed grungy frame created using a Phill Martin stamp and some pearlescent ink.
I can't remember the name of the stamp set, and it would take me far too long to find it amongst all my boxes....sorry.
I seem to remember that there were a set of grungy style stamps all released at the same time and this is another card made using them and some more floral dies.
This time I used a bright inky background, and bleached out the leaves.
My final card uses a pixie powder/brusho/color burst background and one of the grungy borders around the edges of the main panel. 
I die cut the frame from the center of the panel and then covered it with a black square. This is known as 'gutting' the card and saves wasting a fabulous piece of background card.
As I said I am going to enter these in to the challenge over at Try Stampin - or not- on Tuesday, perhaps you could check it out and maybe give it a try yourself.
Thanks for stopping by.
Stay safe and hugs
Kimx


3 comments:

  1. What a fun collection of cards - love the color styles here, and great use of your floral dies! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, what a beautiful card! Pearlescent ink gives such dramatic effect to your already super card! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card collection, Kim! The dies you selected are so pretty. Thank you for playing along with us at TSOT489.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx