Followers

Saturday 2 January 2021

Nothing But Neutrals

Hi All,

An old blogging buddy of mine popped up on my Facebook feed yesterday with her first challenge for 2021, so I decided that entering it would be the perfect way to start off the New Year.

The challenge blog is called The Rainbow Card Challenge Blog and their colour challenge for this month is Nothing but Neutrals.

Now I haven't exactly been crafty over the last few weeks due this blasted virus, so I had a look through my photos to see if I could find a card from my stash that might fit the bill, and this is what I found.

I stamped and embossed Jane's fabulous JGS329 Single teasels on to a piece of cream cardstock and then added some distress inks with a blending tool. 
Next I added some background stamping again using Distress inks.
Finally I ran the entire piece through my embossing machine with a Bubbles stencil (they call them masks) from Dutch Doobadoo. If you use an embossing mat underneath the stencil you get a nice embossed pattern in the card stock just as if you had used an embossing folder
With the stencil still in place I added some smoky grey ink and then some Imagination Sparkle Medium using a piece of cut'n dry felt. You only need a small amount of the Sparkle Medium on the felt pad but by using a circular motion over the stencil you burnish the medium in to the paper to give a foiled appearance, which of course looks much better in the flesh than the photos lol.
The sentiment is a favorite old one from Hobby Art.
I hope that this is neutral enough for Mynette's challenge at The Rainbow Card Challenge.
Thanks for stopping by. I'm off for a granny nap I think, covid really does take it out of you.
Hugs Kimx

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Kim... I'm so glad you posted the details of your process because, you're right, it is very hard to see in a photo. Wonderful job!!! Hope you join us again next month at The Rainbow Challenge!!!
    Elena DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Kim, love it. Happy New Year, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous card ! Love all the beautiful details on this card and the black/grey shades. A fabulous showcase of Neutrals colour. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Rainbow Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love all the detail. Thanks for playing along with our first challenge of 2021 at The Rainbow Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, thanks for sharing the details and process!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx