Followers

Monday 11 January 2021

Be Inspired by the Word Mask at Inkspiration Challenges

 Afternoon,

Another cold one, but I thought that I would blog early so that I can get out for a walk before we get any rain......or snow.

So what to share with you today?   They have a challenge over at Inkspirational Challenges - Be inspired by the word Mask.

This is a card I made a while ago using a Mask from Dutchdoobadoo. They call them masks in Holland, we in the UK tend to refer to them as stencils, either way they help make stunning backgrounds to a card.
I placed the stencil onto a piece of watercolour card stock and then sprinkled some Brushos/Pixie Powders/Color Burst over the surface. You only need a tiny amount of these pigment powders because they truly do burst into colour when you spritz them with water. A little goes a VERY long way.
You can also get a second piece of background by placing the stencil inky side down onto a piece of damp watercolour card stock. Definitely a twofer lol.
I stamped and embossed a fabulous Hero Arts grasses design on to the background once it had dried and then trimmed the panel and matt it onto black glossy card stock.
I also added a stamped and embossed sentiment.
Finally I added some ribbon before mounting the panel on to a background that I created to match the colours in the main panel.
Really must get my brushos out again and play. I think that this Saturday crafting with the kids is probably the first time that I have done anything even remotely creative in weeks. Bloody virus it really has sapped my creative energy, but it won't beat me. Baby steps lol.
Thanks for stopping by. I'm off to wrap up warm and get some exercise. Let's hope I feel like crafty playtime and not a granny nap when I get back.
Hugs Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful.....love the colours but looks like you put so much work into this......not sure I'd have the patience lol. Seem to have lost my paper crafting mojo right now. Hope you managed your walk (it's rained here all day) and some crafty playtime when you got back. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’ve created a lovelycolor effect with your brushos. It’s a beautiful, colorful design. Thanks for sharing it with us at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim. This is a lovely card, not had my Brushos out for ages. Thanks for the comment over at mine too. Take it easy if you can as it's going to take a while before you are fully back to your usual self. It's hard enough at this time of the year to keep the Mojo active. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx