Followers

Friday 8 January 2021

Bleach, much more fun than housework.

Evening All

One of my all time favourite mediums to use on cards has to be bleach.

You can paint with it, stamp with it, even spritz with it, if you have the right card stock that is.
Many years ago when I wrote my book on Rubber Stamping I wanted to include a chapter on the use of it. I had to wait on tenterhooks for quite a while for permission from America to add it, since they obviously have far more rigorous HSSE rules and regulations than here in the UK.
Thankfully they agreed and I was able to share my passion with the crafting community.
This month they have a new challenge over at the Mix It Up Challenge Blog where it is Anything Goes with the optional twist of Bleaching.
As I said before you have to use the right type of cardstock. Not everything will react to the bleach so I have lots of sheets of cardstock with a small bleached blob in the corner where I have tried it out.
The black card used in the panels on the last 3 cards bleaches out to an amazing array of colours from a pale grey, almost white to a beautiful teal blue depending on the strength and amount of bleach used. 
Experiment with what you have. 
I find that the best bleach to use is the cheap thin stuff from one of the bigger supermarkets. Use it undiluted with a waterbrushes to paint with. Don't try and fill the brush as it eats the valve and leaks every where which is not very useful. Tell me how I know that little titbit lol.
You can make your own bleach inkpad using several pieces of kitchen paper or a piece of Cut'nDry felt.
If you are spritzing card with it place the card into the sink or bath. Then you don't ruin anything, you have a beautiful piece of background paper and there is the added advantage that it smells like you have been doing some cleaning. It's a win win.
Like I say just play around, it's much more fun than housework.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim. I love the effect but it still scares me a bit because I am so good at getting it in places where it shouldn't be. I still have that book, it seems like a long time ago now. I think it might have been one of the first I bought when I started stamping. Hope you're feeling much better now. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great collection of cards - you're definitely a bleaching expert!

    Thanks for joining us at the Mix It Up Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx