Followers

Tuesday 19 January 2021

Using up the Leftovers

 Afternoon,

More years ago than I care to remember a very popular item in the Crafting market were Peel Offs.

They were brilliant for adding a quick sentiment or embellishment to a card, and like most people I owned thousands of them.

Davina, where I will still teach once these bloody restrictions are lift, was renowned for having the largest selection of peel-offs in the South of England.

As much as I like the corners and borders, and the little dots and squares that became a bit of a signature item for me, there always seemed to be so much waste.

So here is a card that I made using some of it up. I remember that it was inspired by something that I saw somewhere, probably in a magazine as it was very much pre-Pinterest, but I couldn't for the life of me tell you where.
I stamped and silver embossed the square stamp in the middle of a black square panel and added an open border using peel-off lines.

I mitered the corners for a cleaner look and then filled in the open spaces with lots of the little bits of waste. It was taken from the leftovers from those ornate peel-off corners.
I do still own loads of peel-offs which I use very occasionally. But things have definitely come a long way since they were a staple part of ones crafty stash so they rarely get an airing although I do still sometimes sneak a few tiny dots or squares onto a card. I've got to use them up some how lol.
Thanks for stopping by.
Stay safe and craft.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx