Followers

Friday 22 January 2021

A Floral Watercolour 'Twofer'

 Evening All,

My wellies got another airing earlier in the week when I was about the only mad thing walking around the park in the rain. I did encounter one dog walker, and a couple kids jumping in the puddles with their Mum, but other than that I had the place to myself!!

I'm sure that it was a different story today as we had glorious sunshine, albeit rather chilly, but I was too busy to find out unfortunately.

Sometimes one stamped panel is enough to create two finished cards.
I wanted a raised frame on a card so I die cut it from a floral panel using Sue Wilson Pierced Rectangle dies.
I mounted it onto a card using funky foam for added dimension. I then stamped and embossed the sentiment onto another piece of card and die cut it using the smaller rectangle die and added it to the centre of the frame, this time using wet glue.
The beauty of these dies is that they are pierced either side of the cutting line so you get the dots whichever part of the panel that you use.
I couldn't see throwing away the central floral panel so I mounted it onto some lilac cardstock and created this second card.
I used the same sentiment, this time stamped and embossed directly onto the floral design.
Definitely a 'Twofer'. I like this kind of crafting............no waste.
The floral panel was created using dye inks randomly on a floral image and then stamped onto white card stock. I took a damp paintbrush and 'pulled' some of the colour on to parts of the design ie the flowers and leaves.
The finishing touch to both cards is the fine line of glitter glue around the edges.
Let's hope that tomorrow is as nice, and we don't wake up to a foot of snow!!!!
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx