Followers

Sunday 6 November 2022

Thank You... For Your Kindness

 Evening,

It's been another wet and miserable day here. 

I had to walk to Horley and back today to get my Covid booster, rather unsuccessfully dodging the torrential rain. 

One delightful car driver decided that it would be a jolly wheeze to drive as close to the kerb as possible and soak me. To add insult to injury he then turned around and drove on the wrong side of the road through a huge puddle thus soaking me again!!!!!!!!!! I so wish that I had been able to catch his registration number as my friend has just informed me that it is an automatic £1,000 fine.!! Oh to have been a fly on the wall when that letter arrived.

Since Mum came out of hospital in September, after fracturing her pelvis, we have been lucky enough to have a fabulous team from Reablement to help her in the bathroom each morning. They are a lovely bunch of ladies, always smiling and helpful and eager to put Mum at her ease.
Our care package changes next week so we will have a new set of people to get used to. I do hope that they are as kind as the last. It is certainly not a job that I would like.
As we are currently writing a couple of Thank you cards, I thought that I would share one that I made earlier in the year to send up to SirStampalot.
I used a layering die, cut from white and glitter card.
The background to the card is created with Distress inks and then I used a die cut flower as a stamp. Stack several of the die cuts and stick them to an acrylic block. Use vellum for the last layer in the stack so that the water or ink that you use to stamp with doesn't soak into the cardstock.
I added some diecut and coloured flowers and foliage to the corner of the frame.
I added some tape to the back of the base flower to keep all the die cut pieces in place, and then added a second flower for added dimension.
I used the stamp that I created with the die cut flowers to stamp the background on this second card. It's only small, but I hate to waste any bits and pieces.
I've finally dried out, and so far I haven't had any ill effects from my Covid jab.
Thanks for stopping by,
Love and Crafty Hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx