Followers

Tuesday 1 November 2022

Best of Luck with Background Dies

Hello again,

I don't know what it has been like where you are, but it has been the perfect weather for crafting here........windy and pouring with rain. 

We woke up this morning to torrential rain, bins blown over and broken glass from the old greenhouse strewn around the garden. It's been too wet and windy to clear it up today especially since it is not in danger of hurting anyone. Besides which it's still blowing a gale so I might as well do the clean-up all in one go

So instead of cleaning today, I have been playing with my background dies in preparation for a crafty get together on Saturday. 

I have loads of larger background dies so it has been great fun trying to find lots of different things that you can do with them.
We all like to get more out of our supplies, especially when they are a little more expensive, like the larger style dies.
Here I have used my die with a rubber mat to create an embossed background rather than a die cut panel.
Same design, just different colourway.
I used the embossed panel across the card and then added a die cut floral image,
and a die cut sentiment which I covered with Glossy Accents.
I'm not seeing much let up in the weather here, so I can see more playtime in my future.
The physio came to see Mum again today, and while he is delighted with her progress, he has encouraged her to walk around the house at least every 60 - 90 minutes. I have been letting her do things for herself much more over the last few days, so we have agreed that I will just go in and nag her if she hasn't got up and walked around in the allotted time. It seems so harsh, but at least she agrees that it is for her own good.
Of course it will be much more difficult if I am out of the house for any length of time. You know yourself how easy it is to just sit and sleep when there is no-one else around, so I may have to rope in the rest of the family to take over on the nagging front at those times..........thank goodness for Facetime lol.
On that note it's time for another gentle reminder, and I need to get her pills ready so I will call it a day.
It's lovely to be back sharing things with you.
Thanks for stopping by.
Crafty Hugs
Kimx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx