Followers

Tuesday 29 November 2022

Three of a Kind

Evening,

I back home safe and sound, and laptop all charged up. 

I recently had to replace the charger when the laptop slipped off the sofa and landed on the charger while it was plugged in, so I think that I might order one that I can leave with the Grandchildren for when I go to stay. I have a couple of drawers in a cupboard where I keep a set of toiletries, underwear and pyjamas to save me having to bring them with me each time, so I think that it would make sense to add a charger into the mix lol.

As I've told you before, when making samples I often have no idea of what I'm going to make. Sometimes I try out an idea or technique in several colours before deciding on which card I will send to Creative Expressions.
I coloured the ribbon with ink to match the stamping, but it was a little messy when placed at the top of the card,

so I decided to remake the card.

Of course it ended up very slightly different to the first one. I also added a strip of the embossed card over the top of the ribbon on the first card to help hide the mess.

The stamped panel on all of the cards have been created using a Misti or Stamping Platform.
Ink the stamp with Distress Inks (or similar) and spritz with water before stamping on to watercolour card stock. The colours will bleed, particularly if you lightly spritz the card stock first.

Clean the stamp, dry the cardstock, and then restamp the image using Versafine Clair ink. By leaving the stamp on the Misti/Stamping Platform in between inking, the image looks as if it has been watercoloured with minimum effort.
Of course you can always add more colour to parts of the image with a paintbrush.
Thanks for stopping by.
Love and Crafty Hugs
Kimx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx