Followers

Friday 23 April 2021

Alcohol Inks

Evening,

It's Friday. I can't believe how quickly the weeks are rolling by. The only good thing with that is that we are getting nearer to being able to have a class.

My cards today were made for what turned out to be one of the last classes before lockdown in 2020. We were playing with alcohol inks which I'm sure will be amongst some of the first things that we play with as soon as we can get back to normal.

The background to the first two stamps was created on glossy card stock that was then clear embossed with a floral image.
The flowers didn't show up as I wanted, so I just added more alcohol ink and blended it over the top of them. I love the really deep rich panel that has resulted.
I chopped the panel up to create both cards and teamed them with some metallic paper for a very fine metallic border. Because the panel itself is so dark I added it to a white die cut panel with script stamped on it.
A couple of die cut skeleton leaves and some gems complete this card which I hope will cheer up anyone feeling under the weather.
The second half of the panel I teamed with another die cut leaf and a white card.
To give the white card base a little more interest I added a white embossed panel and a sentiment strip.
The final card was once more made using a piece of alcohol inked background.
Once again I used some die cut leaves and an embossed panel to embellish the card
along with some string, ribbon, gems and sentiment.
I have a long list to try and get through for the weekend, what about you? Any crafty projects?
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a great couple of days. The weather forecast is looking reasonably good so maybe you have some gardening to do.
What ever you are up to stay safe.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx