Followers

Wednesday 21 April 2021

Watercolour Grasses

Afternoon All

I'm gradually working my way through the photos of card samples that are on my laptop. Of course once I have finished with them there are loads more in boxes just waiting for their camera ready moment lol.

This card, the last of my Sam Poole samples makes use of a couple of techniques that I favour.
This grassy image was first stamped using a distress oxide ink pad on to a piece of wet watercolour card stock. The colour will bleed leaving a rather blurred image which is actually what you want.
This technique is best done using a stamping platform of some kind because you need to stamp back over the blurred image once it has dried, this time using a versafine ink pad and you need it to be in exactly the same place. I also like to heat emboss this second image which of course means that the cardstock must be completely dry.
I stamped and embossed part of the image on to a scrap of cardstock which I then die cut into a small tag. Having coloured it with more distress inks I layered it onto the main panel to form a spotlight.

I used the main grassy image on the kraft card base, this time stamped using versamark ink to create a watermark image. A bit of faux stitching finishes off all the various components.

That's me for today, I need to cross at least one thing off my to do list, and I'm nowhere near that at the moment.

Thanks for stopping by. 

Hugs Kimx


 

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx