Followers

Monday 14 September 2020

Recycle Something for CraftyCardmakers

Evening Everyone,
We have a brand new challenge over at CraftyCardmakers where our host Judy is asking you to Recycle Something.
I chose to use a page from an old book for my 'Recycled Element'.
I stamped and embossed the Holly and Mistletoe branch onto the book page using versamark ink and clear embossing powder. 
Then I sponged the panel with plenty of Distress Inks and wiped over the embossing with a cloth. The embossed image acts as a resist to the ink, so as the book print shows through. I call it 'Resist with a Twist'.
This card was created in the same manner.
The die cut sentiment has been added to the card and then covered in glossy accents to make it stand out.
I love this technique, but don't forget to check your book page for naughty words.
I remember seeing someone on the TV, not so very long ago, telling people to make sure that they did this and then obviously didn't notice that the first line on their chosen page used the F word. I had to laugh I'm ashamed to say.
I hope that you be able to join us over at CraftyCardmakers, and please don't forget to check out what the rest of my Teamies have come up with.
Hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx