Followers

Thursday 3 September 2020

Just for You Gill

Afternoon Everyone,
Wow a post from me in the afternoon, it must mean I can't get to my craft room since I am currently helping out with the Grandbabies.
Emma started back at school this morning. All washed, dressed, breakfasted and out of the house by 8.15, quite a feat after all this time in lockdown. Even when she was at school before the summer holidays start time was 11.45 so it didn't matter if everyone had a lie in (what's that ha ha) or was still in their pj's mid morning.
I suspect that it will be a very early night for everyone lol.
An old friend of mine has been participating for some time in the Christmas Cards and Papercraft Challenge over on Facebook.
We met at Ally Pally, and she came to my classes for many years until she moved wayyyyy down south.
She has just taken on the role of Moderator for the 'Way To Go Wednesday' challenge, so I thought that I would join in, just to surprise her.
I made my card a couple of years ago for the Woodware catalogue using a beautiful floral image designed by the lovely Jane Gill.
I kept it very simple, just stamping and embossing in black onto a piece of kraft card.
I added a zentangled border along with a few extra bits to the flower centers.
The sentiments are from another of Jane's very useful sentiment sets.
I'm afraid that the pictures are not particularly good. For some reason they look very washed out, but I hope that Gill will appreciate them.
Have a great day. We are just off to do school pick. It's been a long time since I could say that.
Stay safe and hugs
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Well I did get a lovely surprise, yes! I’d better pull my socks up in future, knowing my mentor is looking..... don’t want to let you down. When are you coming down anyway...? Xxx Love your card Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, loving the card. It's a shame you haven't put a link here for the challenge, I would have popped over. Have a lovely week (sounds busy!) Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx