Followers

Tuesday 29 September 2020

Toadstools

 Evening All,

What is it with scaffolders? Why do they think that they should be exempt from wearing a mask? It's the same old same old every morning. I've even suggested that the local coppers might want to come down in the early mornings and start dishing out fines, but no luck so far. To be fair I suspect that their minds are on their colleague who was shot on Friday. Croydon is only just down the road from us, so it is far too close to home.

Anyway rant over......................on to crafty matters.

There is definitely an autumnal nip in the air now, so here are a couple of cards made with one of Jane's lovely toadstool stamps JGS744 Lino Cut Toadstools. They always make me think of Autumn.
When I am making DT cards, I never know what they are going to be like until I start to play. This inevitably means that I end up with bits that need finishing off. Always useful, as it means that I am ahead of the game when it comes to getting cards to Jane for her TV shows.
I tried out the white embossing first, but wasn't totally happy with it, especially as it is going to form part of an online catalogue so I tried it again in black embossing instead.
I was happier with this one. I stamped and embossed on kraft card and then coloured with Cosmic Shimmer Watercolour Inks.
I used the Double Stitched Rectangles to emboss a frame around the toadstools, rather than cutting them out.
I added some white gell pen to the spots on the toadstools.
We found a couple of toadstools when I went walking with the Grandkids the other weekend.
They may not have been very exiting to look at, but the kids were fascinated by them, especially as they had literally appeared over night.
I did suggest that the fairies might have been having a party and that was why they had appeared, which they found to be a perfectly acceptable explanation lol.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs 
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx