Followers

Saturday 15 August 2020

A very Special Birthday Girl

Hi All
Today is a very special day. It is the birthday of a very wonderful lady, my lovely Mum, who is 90 years young. She also shares her day with a Grandaughter and Great Niece, so a very special day indeed.
I try where ever possible to show Mum any cards that I make before I pop them in the post.
This hasn't been possible very often during the last few months, but she did get to see the card that I made using Francoise fabulous Dancing Beetle.
She absolutely loved it, so I decided that I would use it for her card.
Of course it had to be extra special, so an easel card was definitely the way to go.
I also added some vellum wings for a little more dimension,
and this time I painted the beetle with Pearlescent paints instead of  Opal Blaze.
I also added a few extra drops of glossy accents to the background.
The flowers and layout were otherwise more or less the same. 
Of course you can't have a 90th birthday card without some large die cut numbers,
which I added to the top of the card as well as the base. 
I have been overwhelmed by the response to my plea on Facebook , people have been amazing. My aim was to try and get 90 cards for Mum to open, and we have managed that, and more.
We are spreading her celebrations out over the next couple of days so as not to overwhelm her, so my little sister started the ball rolling this morning with a bit of candle blowing and a danish pastry.
And yes, she does look a little beaten up after falling in her kitchen just over a week ago. Two black eyes, a bruised knee and a fractured rib!!!
She seems to have a thing about big celebrations and looking like she has done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.
I have a lovely photograph of her taken on her Golden Wedding Anniversary in May, 20 years ago. It was also the day my eldest Granddaughter Megan was born. So at 8 hours old Megan was at her first party having her picture taken with her Mum, me and my Mum. Four generations together, but my Mum looked very much the same as now as she had fallen off a ladder cleaning the windows in preparation for the Big day!!!!
Thank you so much for stopping by. I will share pictures of the birthday girl surrounded by her cards in the next couple of days.
Hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. I hope your mum enjoys her celebrations and isn't in too much pain from her fall.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx