Followers

Saturday 22 August 2020

Musical Deer

Hi All
Isn't amazing how things come round full circle.
As a child my most favorite books were ones on nature and animals. I still have several very large hardback books that my Grandfather gave me full of beautiful illustrations, pictures and facts about the world we live in. I insisted that I was going to be a Zoologist until I discovered that you had to be good at all the sciences, which I was rubbish at. I did do Biology and Environmental Biology as O levels, but that is about as far as it went.
When my children were young they loved nature programmes. Wildlife on One was part of our weekly ritual and I have hundreds of these recorded onto video. Unfortunately all totally unwatchable now of course.
Anything that the legend that is David Attenborough did on the TV was must have viewing, and now it seems that the littlest Grandkids have inherited that same love of  wildlife programmes. We have been watching the most amazing footage of life in the oceans and the jungle this weekend.
We have tried to explain what a legend is to Emma, but I'm not sure that we succeeded :O)
So as my nod to nature for tonight, here are a couple of cards made using one of Jane's latest festive stamps featuring a beautiful stag.
This was so easy to do, and by placing a sentiment panel over the snowflake I think that you could easily use this stamp all year round.
I just stamped and embossed the collaged image onto a piece of 'Mop Up' background and then added a circular mask over the moon before adding a little blue ink to highlight it.
Simple layered mounting, a sentiment panel, and voila, job done.
 Very similar idea here, just a little more sponged ink added to the hills,
and some extra stamping on the main card.
Thanks for stopping by.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx